Blender Beginner Tutorial Series
When I started learning Blender 12 years ago, I remember feeling frustrated that there wasn't really any beginner "course". Like a series of posts that will show you the basics. Instead I had to jump from tutorial to tutorial, and gleam what I could from each. It would be years before I'd make full sense of it.
Since then, several other people have created beginner courses... but I personally find them to a bit overwhelming for beginners. When you're just getting started, it's daunting to see that you need to watch 100 posts.
So I set out to make something shorter. Something that could be finished in a day, and will show you how to make your first scene - while also gradually introducing new areas of Blender as you need them.
And here it is!
In this series you'll discover...
- Part 1 - The User Interface
- Part 2 - Basics of Moving, Scaling, Rotating
- Part 3 - Basic modelling in Edit Mode
- Part 4 - Understanding Material Nodes
- Part 5 - Modelling a coffee cup
- Part 6 - Texturing a wooden table
- Part 7 - Using Particles to make sprinkles
- Part 8 - Lighting the scene
- Part 9 - Rendering and Compositing
It's designed so that anyone can go from being a complete beginner of Blender, to having a basic understanding and creating their first scene.
Hope you make something awesome with it! :) If you do create something cool, post it in the comments!
PS. Get the Keyboard Shortcut Guide to make learning faster!