Rendering an Interior Scene with Cycles
Thanks to the release of Cycles, it's now possible to create realistic interior scenes right from within Blender. In this interior rendering tutorial I will walk you through lighting and texturing a scene for rendering with Cycles.
We'll use this reference image and these textures:
- BrickOldSharp0137 (Image 1)
- WoodPlanksBare0029 (Image 1)
- WoodFine0039 (Image 1)
- MarbleTilesWall001 (Image 1 & 2)
- Plastic0046 (Image 3)
Where to Find Architectural Inspiration
Good architectural images are often hard to find, but I've found a few sites that dish it up regularly:
- freshome.com - Gorgeous photos updated regularly. My favourite.
- fancycribs.com - Ridiculously fancy homes.
- reddit.com/r/architecture - Community of architectural enthusiasts.
- freecabinporn.com - Not what it sounds like! Awesome cabin photos.
- reddit.com/r/houseporn - Community of interior design enthusiasts.
- ArchDaily.com - Lovely photos and floor plans
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! If you make something awesome, please post your results in the comments below :)