Interview with Campbell Barton
This week I thought it would be interesting to hear from one of the quiet achievers of the community: Campbell Barton. Campbell is a fulltime Blender developer who is working hard to make Blender more stable and easier to use. Most recently he worked on Sintel as the Technical Director, fixing bugs and adding features that the team needed.
He currently lives in Victoria, Australia, working 9-5 to meet the demands of this very demanding community!
In this interview I ask him some of the big questions that the community has been echoing of late. Such as:
- When will the final stable version of 2.5 be released?
- Is BMesh still being developed?
- How long will you be sticking with Blender?
- What was the hardest part about working on Sintel?
- How was the Sintel renderfarm created?
- How did you first learn Python?
Campbell has opened my eyes to a lot of issues that I didn't know about and I hope it had the same effect on you. Join me in thanking Campbell for his hard work! :)
In other news, on Tuesday next week I will be flying to Amsterdam where I will be attending the Blender conference and updating Blender Guru with up to date happenings and hopefully recording a few presentations. Stay tuned ;)