post: Interview with Kent Trammell from CGCookie
We will talk about:
- with Kent Trammell - why he quit freelancing and switched to tutorials
Kent Trammell is a tutor at CGCookie, but has also worked on commercials and a movie. In this post he explains why made the switch to making tutorials and advice for anyone wanting to make it in the industry. Topics:
- Why working for a studio may not be to your liking
- How to put your name out there
- Why digital art is rarely seen by the general public
- The pros and cons of the open source culture
- Why learning traditional art is so important
- What inspires Kent
- The Uncanny Valley, and how to avoid it
- Why CG art can make us lazy to the fundamentals
- Is university still a good idea?
- Recommended Book: Remote - The rising culture of working from home
- Derren Brown's psychological trickery - Convincing a woman she's dead.
- Crossing the Uncanny Valley - Amazing 70+ page forum thread on perfecting the cg human face.
Hope you enjoyed the post! If you liked it, subscribe on iTunes.