Podcast: 6 Ways to Get Ahead as an Artist
We will talk about:
- I wish somebody had given me this advice 9 years ago...
I wish somebody had given me this advice 9 years ago...
6 Ways to Get Ahead as an Artist
- Practice other Arts - Photography, drawing, typography, design, anything! Almost anything separate you practice will pay off in dividends when it comes to blender.
- Sign up to Workshops - Gnomon Workshop, CGCookie, Proko, etc. It costs money but it more than pays for itself in time saved finding the information yourself.
- Join a Community - With Blender it's pretty easy, but make sure you have somewhere to give critiques and praise. It will really, really help you stay motivated. I've recently found Tumblr to be a great way to manage my progress.
- Fail Harder - I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Before starting a project, give yourself permission to fail. Once you do that you'll find it a lot easier to start and get the ball rolling.
- Read Books - I've sinked hours and hours into my Kindle, and I don't regret a single one. Photography books, design books, motivational books. Anything! Don't stop learning.
- Meditate (or just walk) - They say that the most creative ideas come through quiet times of rest and/or meditation. Take a moment each day to clear your head and you'll be surprised what ideas you can conjure up.
Enjoy this podcast? Help out by being the first to leave a rating on iTunes.
Ask me a question for next week's post by using #bgpod on Twitter.
Got any other tips for getting ahead as an artist? Post it in the comments below!