New post: Video Games
As requested by fans of the Blender Guru Facebook group... the theme for this blender post is: Video Games. Your image could be a homage to Mario, a remix of how you think Half Life should have ended or just an action moment from Call of Duty. The possibilities are limitless!
- It must be created with Blender
- It must be rendered with either Cycles or the Internal Renderer
- It must be a still image
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed
- All plugins are allowed except MakeHuman
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not make up a significant part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Keep it family friendly. No overtly sexual or gory images allowed.
- Your image must in some way relate to video games
- The winner will be asked to submit a .blend file to prove it's creation
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three.
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” - Source
6 Reasons to Enter:
- posts push you to better your work by exploring new themes
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- It can help you to think creatively by working around the constraints of a set theme
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure
- You're helping the world! This is a rare opportunity to use your artistic talent to donate money to a charity of your choosing.
The deadline is the 4th of March at 11:59PM GMT. The winner will be announced two days later on the 6th.
May the best artist win! :D