New post: Christmas 2012
It's almost the end of the year, so it's time for another Blender Guru Christmas post! Last year's was a big success, so I can't wait to see what comes out of this year's post.
The theme is simple: Create a Christmas themed image using Blender. The best image wins :)
- It must be created with Blender
- It must be rendered with either Cycles or the Internal Renderer
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- It must be family friendly (no overtly sexual or gory themes)
- Your image must in some way relate to Christmas
- The winner will be required to submit the .blend file to prove it's creation
Can't think of any ideas? Here's some cg Christmas inspiration to get your brain firing...
Tutorials that may help:
- How to Create Realistic Snow
- Create a Fluffy Santa Hat
- Create a Christmas Wallpaper in 10 minutes
- Model a Set of Christmas Lights
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three.
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” - Source
6 Reasons to Enter:
- posts push you to better your work by exploring new themes
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- It can help you to think creatively by working around the constraints of a set theme
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated
- Your entry will be posted here on Blender Guru, increasing your online exposure
- You're helping the world! This is a rare opportunity to use your artistic talent to donate money to a charity of your choice.
The deadline is the 21st of December at 11:59PM GMT. The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve. :)
May the best artist win! :D