The last competition was way back at Christmas 2016, which means we're loooooong due for a new one.
If you're wondering why the competition section went into hybernation, it's because the old website wasn't built for it! It was buggy, slow and horrible. But now, we have a brand new website let's have a brand new competition!
Whatever Fantasy means to you, make that in Blender.
It could be a scene from an anime, something from a dream, your idea of a perfect future, a game of thrones alternate universe, whatever! Just make it relate to the theme of "Fantasy" somehow and you're good.
First Prize (worth $946)
- One year subscription to Poliigon (Gold)
- Pro-Lighting Skies
- The Rock Essentials
- The Grass Essentials
- $100 render credit for BlenderGrid
Second Prize (worth $449)
Third Prize ($180)
- It must be created with Blender. Use of other 3d programs are forbidden.
- Painting programs like Substance Designer/Painter are allowed.
- This is an image only contest (no animations sorry)
- Only one entry per person
- Minor post processing in Gimp, Photoshop or After Effects is allowed
- Minimum size is 1920px wide but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your entry must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be mostly your work. Bought or third-party models are allowed but mustn't make up more than 20% of the image.
- All plugins are allowed
- Photographic elements are allowed, but it should be mostly 3D (sky backgrounds are okay)
- All image textures are allowed (these don't count as photographic elements)
- Your entry must in some way relate to the theme
- The winners will be asked to submit a .blend file to prove it's creation
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three!
4 Reasons to Enter:
- There's a clear deadline so you know you won't be working on this forever!
- Working around constraints of a theme can help you to think creatively
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated and do your best
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure!
How to Enter
In the past you had to submit your image directly to the site, and it was buggy as anything. So now it's simple:
Just post your finished artwork to ArtStation with the tag bgfantasy, before 29th August 2017 11:59pm GMT.
May the best artist win :)