In this tutorial you will discover:
- How to effectively use the displacement modifier
- Why particle systems are your friend
- How to spice up a boring scene with the compositor
If you’ve ever wanted to create a space scene but didn’t want to have to go through the drama’s of sculpting and UV unwrapping then this tutorial (might) be for you!
I recently discovered a super easy method to create realistic rock formations using only the displacement modifier.
Watch the tutorial to see how it’s done!
The Final Result
Download the rock texture used in this tutorial.
At a Glance
Screenshots from the video:
Not sure where to go with this tutorial? Check out the links below for some more interesting uses of asteroids:
- Asteroid Impact visualization
- Fallen – Amazing animated short film
- Star Wars: Episode II – Asteroid Chase
What did you learn from this tutorial? What would you like to see more of? Leave your feedback in the comments below!Download finished .blend How to Make a Realistic Asteroid,