In this tutorial you will discover:
- A quick and easy way to model a bullet
- How to use Spec and Bump maps to produce more realistic textures
- How to use image sharpening and color grading to improve the look of an image
In the book of 3d cliches, guns would have to be right at the top of the list. But it’s not surprising seeing as 98% of users are male!
So let’s all take a moment to indulge in a childish fantasy…
The Finished Result
Textures used in this Tutorial
At a Glance
Screenshots from the video:
Not sure where to go from here? Check out these videos below for a dose of bullet inspiration:
- Lord of War Intro – Life of a Bullet
- Bullets fired at 1 million FPS
- CSI Miami: Slow motion bullet scene
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tutorial! If you did, you may also like to check out my short film, The Ballad of the M4 Carbine.
What did you learn from this tutorial? What would you like to see more of? Drop a comment below.Download finished .blend How to model, texture and render a Bullet,