During this tutorial you will discover how to:
- Quickly model a detailed lightning bolt
- Make an object disintegrate
- Create light flashes
- Add glow and glare effects in the compositor
Last week I posted the how to create rain tutorial, and was surprised at the number of comments requesting lightning! I guess they go hand in hand or something?
Anyway, it took me a while to get the technique nailed down, but I think I’ve finally worked out an easy way to create and animate a lightning storm within Blender.
At a Glance
Screenshots from the video:
Reference image used: ¡Rayos!
Lightning reference videos:
- Lightning Storm #1 Live Lightning Crashes
- National Geographic Special
- Lightning Strikes Qantas Plane
- Townsville lightning strike
- Up close strike
Do you have any real life lightning stories? A near miss? Post it below! I’d be interested to hear them!Download starter .blend Download finished .blend
How to Create a Lightning Storm,