In this tutorial you will discover:
- How to create a metallic paint material
- How to UV unwrap the spaceship
- How to create an afterburner
Grab yourself a cup of coffee coz this tutorial is one of my longest yet.
We go through a range of different topics including, material nodes, uv unwrapping, lighting, material passes and some very complex compositing. This tutorial is for Advanced users who want to learn how to take a finished model, and put it in a polished scene.
Oh and if you finish this tutorial, give yourself a pat on the back. It’s a long one
Starfield Image Background (click Download Fullsize on right)
Credit for the metallic paint material goes to “monsterdog”: Link to BlenderArtists thread
At a Glance
Screenshots from the tutorial:
Not sure where to go with this tutorial? Check out the links below for some more spaceship inspiration:
- ETA - One of my favourite animated shorts. Must see!
- Animated Shuttle Launch
- Concept Ships - Repost from last week, but seriously the best site for spaceship inspiration.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! I look forward to seeing a lot more concept spaceships from the blender community
Post your finished results in the comments below!Create a Spaceship - Part 2 of 2,