In this tutorial you will discover:
- How to model a spaceship corridor
- How to conceptualize a scene using real world examples and fantasy
- Why greeble is important and how to model it quickly
We’ve all watched a sci-fi movie and wished we could be part of it (wall-e anyone?), and whilst creating your own scene isn’t reality it’s the next best thing.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to create your own spaceship corridor using arrays, mirrors and whole lot of modelling.
Disclaimer: This tutorial is a biggie! Whilst the runtime is just over an hour it will probably take you 3-5 hours of actual modelling to do it yourself. So proceed at your own commitment!
Finished Result (Part 1)
Not sure where to take this tutorial? Check out these links for further space corridor inspiration:
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed II Trailer – (mentioned this in the tutorial) Incredible space corridor animation used perfectly to tell a story.
- Scifi Lighting Challenge – One of Jeremy Birn’s lighting challenges, themed around a space corridor. Great lighting ideas!