In this video you’ll discover a simple process that can be used to make any realistic material.
We’ll cover the 3 fundamentals of realistic materials:
- Correct shader – ensuring that the material nodes are set up for realism. Eg. Using the PBR Node setup.
- Base Material – obtaining textures and maps for the base material (in this case wood) and plugging into your node setup.
- Surface Imperfections – adding extra maps to make the material look worn and authentic to real world materials.
- Wood Flooring 44 – the main material of the floor
- Wiping Residue Medium 001 – a subtle gloss layer to look like someone mopped the floor
- Floor Heavy Smudges 001 – the very subtle amount of dirty foot prints
Download the PBR Shader
Final Node Screenshot
Make something cool from this tutorial? Post it in the comments below!