Today we talk with one of the quiet geniuses behind the artwork at Blender Guru: Rob Garlington.
Rob has been in the CG industry for almost 20 years and shares his tips for creating beautiful renders.
In this podcast you’ll discover:
- How to go about creating a beautiful scene from scratch
- The power of feedback – and why you should take it
- Why drawing, painting and other art forms are beneficial in cg
- Tips for being more productive in your art creation
- Tips for creating a more authentic render
- Can too much inspiration be demotivating?
- The importance of exploring master of art through history
- Should artists pursue perfection?
- Tips for up and coming artists to get ahead
Plus blender Q&A from Twitter using the hashtag: #bgpod.
Books mentioned in this podcast:
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- How to Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Rob’s Website and Portfolio
What’s your workflow for creating complex scenes? Do you sketch first? Share you tips in the comments below!