As requested by fans of the Blender Guru Facebook group… the theme for this blender competition is: Video Games.
Your image could be a homage to Mario, a remix of how you think Half Life should have ended or just an action moment from Call of Duty. The possibilities are limitless!
The winner will receive:
- $500 for a charity of your choice
- Any item from the Blender e-Shop
- A permanent spot in the Winner’s Hall of Fame
- It must be created with Blender
- It must be rendered with either Cycles or the Internal Renderer
- It must be a still image
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed
- All plugins are allowed except MakeHuman
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not make up a significant part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Keep it family friendly. No overtly sexual or gory images allowed.
- Your image must in some way relate to video games
- The winner will be asked to submit a .blend file to prove it’s creation
What you do with this competition is up to you, but if you’re drawing blanks, here’s some inspiration…
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three.
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” - Source
6 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions push you to better your work by exploring new themes
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- It can help you to think creatively by working around the constraints of a set theme
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure
- You’re helping the world! This is a rare opportunity to use your artistic talent to donate money to a charity of your choosing.
The deadline is the 4th of March at 11:59PM GMT. The winner will be announced two days later on the 6th.Submit Your Entry
May the best artist win!