It’s time for another competition!
Theme: The Perfect Holiday
What’s your idea of the perfect holiday?
Is it spending time alone in the wilderness? Or perhaps taking an intergalactic space holiday?
What you create in this competition is only limited by your imagination. So be creative! And try to avoid the obvious cliché of “sitting on an island in a deckchair”
- $500 donated to a charity of your choice
- A permanent spot in the Winners Hall of Fame
This is your chance to help the world through your art!
The winner of the last competition was Simon Meloche who opted to donate to The Greater Montreal foundation, which helps to fund education, arts and creative endeavours in the Montreal region.
Which charity will you donate to?
- Only one entry per person
- It must be one image
- It must be created with Blender
- You may use any external renderer you wish
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your image must in some way relate to the theme
- The winner will be asked to submit the .blend file for proof of its creation
Obviously what you do with the theme is up to you, but in case you’re drawing a blank here’s some “perfect holiday” inspiration:
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Story telling
If you want to win, aim for all three areas.
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It also stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” – Source
Tips for Winning
- Focus on one human emotion (like awe, peace, intrigue etc.) then create an image that provokes that emotion
- Sketch out your idea before diving into blender.
- Create a scene that you yourself would want to be in.
- Use reference photos whenever possible.
- Refrain from adding text. Let the image speak for itself.
6 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions push you to better your work by exploring new themes
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- It can help you to think creatively by working around the constraints of a set theme
- Competing alongside other artists is a good source of motivation
- Great way to showcase your artwork and get noticed
- You’re helping the world! The winner gets to choose which charity to donate $500 to.
Submissions and Deadline
Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm GMT on the 15th of May.Submit Your Entry
May the best artist win!