Oh yeah. Lace up yer moon boots because it’s time for another Blender Guru competition.
Theme: The Future!
I want to see your predictions for how life on earth could look in the future. Flying cars? Holographic iPhones? Life without cancer?! It’s up to you. Be creative.
The best image related to the theme wins
A charity prize? Yep! I personally feel more motivated when the competition is for a good cause. I hope you do too!
- It must be created with Blender
- You may use any external renderer you wish
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (eg. sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your image must in some way relate to the theme
- The winner will be required to submit the .blend file for proof of it’s creation
Submissions and Deadline
Entries must be submitted before the 14th of November at 11:59pm GMT.
As you know, the theme is ‘The Future‘. Here’s some inspiration to get your brain firing…
Tips for this competition:
- Go easy on the sci-fi. Please. The average viewer has seen enough spaceships and pointy cityscapes to last them 3 lifetimes. Be creative but realistic. Make it believable to current life on earth.
- It should be pretty, but not pointless. Try to tell a story with your image.
- Become a sponge for inspiration. There are tons of movies, books and video games set in the future. By submersing yourself in their worlds it may help you to visualize yours.
6 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions push you to better your work by exploring new techniques
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- Themes help you focus on a topic and create new ideas around it.
- It gives you motivation to finish a scene
- Great way to showcase your artwork and get noticed
- You’re competing for a charity prize! This is a rare opportunity to help the world through your art
Don’t forget, the deadline is the 14th of November at 11:59pm GMT.
May the best artist win!