It’s been over a month since the last competition, so I think it’s time for another…
The theme is “Saying Goodbye”.
You are free to interpret that however you wish. Go nuts! There is no right or wrong.
Oh and since people have asked, I am not leaving! I didn’t intend for the theme to be taken that way. I honestly just thought it would make an interesting topic. Blender Guru will continue!
The Winner will receive…
- $200 Cash
- Expose 9 (Hard Cover)
- $300 for any Charity of your choice
- A permanent spot in the Winner’s Hall of Fame
Two Runners up will receive…
- Any item from the Blender e-Shop
- Only one entry per person
- It must be an image
- It must be created with Blender
- You may use any external renderer you wish
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your image must in some way relate to the theme
- The winner will be asked to submit the .blend file for proof of its creation
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Story telling
If you want to win, aim for all areas!
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It also stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” – Source
5 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions push you to better your work by exploring new techniques
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- Working around the constraints of a theme can help you to think creatively
- Competing against other artists is a good motivator to push yourself
- Great way to showcase your artwork and get noticed
Submissions and Deadline
Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm GMT on the 19th of March.Submit your Entry
May the best artist win!