Ho ho ho! With December almost upon us, it only makes sense to have a Blender Christmas competition.
The rules are simple: Create an image related to Christmas. The best image wins.
Christmas comes but once a year, so these prizes are a little bit more “special” than normal:
- $100 cash for your Christmas Shopping!
- Permanent spot in the Winners Hall of Fame
- Any item from the Blender e-Shop
- It must be created with Blender
- You may use any external renderer you wish
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your image must in some way relate to the theme
- The winner will be required to submit the .blend file for proof of it’s creation
Submissions and DeadlineSubmit your entry here!
Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm GMT on the 19th of December.
Ultimately what you do with the theme is up to you, but here’s some inspiration to get your brain firing…
Tutorials that may help:
- Create a Fluffy Santa Hat
- How to Create Realistic Snow
- Create a Christmas Wallpaper in 10 minutes
- Model a Set of Christmas Lights
5 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions push you to better your work by exploring new techniques
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- Focusing on a theme helps you to think creatively
- Competing against other artists is great motivation to improve your work
- Great way to showcase your artwork and get noticed
Don’t forget, the deadline is 11:59pm GMT on the 19th of December.
May the best artist win!Submit your entry here!
DISCLAIMER: Apple and Amazon are not participants in or sponsors of this promotion. All prizes come out of my lowly pocket.