Castles, medieval warriors, ruins, tribes… basically anything historical.
EDIT: A lot of people are asking if fantasy is allowed. Fantasy is allowed to an extent, but don’t go too far in the wizards and dragon territory. It doesn’t have to be actual history, but it does need to related to it. A good rule of thumb is Game of Thrones style fantasy: it’s clearly fictional, but it’s drawn from real English historical events. Lord of the Rings style fantasy is too far.
The winner will receive…
- $500 for a charity of your choice
- Any item from the Blender e-Shop
- A permanent spot in the Winner’s Hall of Fame
- It must be created with Blender
- Only one entry per person
- Minor post processing in Gimp, Photoshop or After Effects is allowed
- Minimum size is 1280 px wide but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your entry must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed
- All plugins are allowed except MakeHuman
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not make up a significant part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Keep it family friendly. No overly sexual or gory images please.
- Your entry must in some way relate to the theme
- The winners will be asked to submit a .blend file to prove it’s creation
What you do with this competition is up to you, but if you’re drawing blanks, here’s some inspiration…
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three.
“The best art has meaning beyond just an image; perhaps it will bring you to tears, make you laugh, or remind you of something you’d almost forgotten. It stands out in a crowd, and dares to be different.” - Source
6 Reasons to Enter:
- Competitions can help you to think creatively through working around constraints of a theme
- It teaches you the importance of deadlines
- It can push you to better your skills by exploring new themes
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure
- You’re helping the world! This is a rare opportunity to use your artistic talent to donate money to a charity of your choosing.
Due to the BlenderArtist downtime, the new deadline is 2PM GMT today! (12 hours from now).
Please submit your entry into the comments below!
May the best artist win!